FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bunker Builds America Tour Visits Philadelphia with First Annual Muster Philadelphia 2016
Partnership between Bunker Labs and JPMorgan Chase Slated for November 16 at Pennovation Center
Philadelphia, PA., November 7, 2016 – To commemorate its first successful year in Philadelphia, Bunker Labs Philadelphia, will be hosting The Muster 2016: Big Ideas for America on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at the state-of-the-art Pennovation Center. Bunker Labs Philadelphia, a local non-profit accelerator program has helped start and grow nine enterprises owned by veteran and active-duty military entrepreneurs at local co-working space, Benjamin’s Desk.
The Muster, sponsored by JPMorgan Chase, will feature a variety of dignitaries, successful entrepreneurs and authors for a full day of panels and fireside chats showcasing their businesses, and an Idea Lab from leading business and other military leaders. Chuck Newhall, a renowned venture capitalist and author of Fearful Odds, and David Silverman, CEO of CrossLead and co-author of Team of Teams will both be speaking and signing books and 100 attendees will have the chance to receive one of the books at no charge.
“The Bunker Labs Philadelphia team is excited to showcase the tremendous veteran innovation happening right here in Philadelphia at our upcoming Muster Event,” said Joe Witte, Program Director for Bunker Labs Philadelphia. “Our cohort has made great strides in their businesses, and their stories of sacrifice, both in business and serving our country are awe inspiring. We encourage you to attend the first annual Muster."
The current featured speakers include:
- Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
- Matthew “Griff” Griffin, CEO of Combat Flip Flops (Army Ranger)
- Chuck Newhall, Ventured Capitalist (Silver Star recipient)
- David Silverman, CEO of CrossLead (former Navy Seal)
- Carol Eggert, VP of Military and Veteran Affairs of Comcast (Brigadier General, Army)
- Michelle Jones, Former Command Sergeant Major, US Army Reserves
- Mark Schrieber, Market President of JPMorgan Chase
- Dave Gowel, CEO of Rally Point (Army Ranger)
- Ralph Galati, Director of Veterans Affairs at St. Joe’s (USAF, former Prisoner of War)
- John New, Former CEO of The Hub (Infantry Officer)
- Michael Maher, Co-Founder Benjamin’s Desk (Naval Officer)
- Todd Connor, CEO of Bunker Labs (Naval Officer)
- Bill Kraus, Founder of Mission BBQ
- Ryan Manion, President of The Travis Manion Foundation
- Jeffrey Courtney, JPMorgan Chase
Philadelphia veteran-owned businesses to be featured at the Muster include:
- Coded By Kids CEO, Sylvester Mobley (United States Air Force veteran)
- GoPaperBoy CEO, Jen Padova Gallagher (Veteran Spouse)
- Kinetic Ceramics CEO, Rob Frantz (Naval Officer, F-18 pilot)
- Job Advocate CEO, Mike Woody (Army Ranger)
- MyFinancialAnswers CEO, Ben Pitts (West Point graduate)
- Serve1 CEO, Chris Diaz (Naval Corpsman)
- StarchUp Founder, Dan Tobon (Army Sniper)
“Many of our servicemen and women transition from the military with key entrepreneurial skills like leadership, discipline, and resiliency,” said Mark Schrieber, Region Manager of Chase Middle Market Commercial Banking. “Bunker Labs provides the resources and network our local veterans need to start successful and sustainable business, and we are proud to support them.”
Philadelphia area veterans who are considering entrepreneurship can also gain access to potential resources, programs and community that will help transform their military experience into business success. In fact, Bunker Labs Philadelphia is currently accepting applications for its next Cohort through December 15, 2016.
All veterans, former military, entrepreneurs or business leaders are welcome. While the Muster Philadelphia is open to everyone, all veterans can attend free of charge. More information about tickets, sponsorship and the complete schedule, can be found here.
About Bunker Labs
Bunker Labs is a national not-for-profit organization built by military Veteran entrepreneurs to empower other military Veterans as leaders in innovation. Through local chapters organized in 8 different cities including Philadelphia, Bunker Labs provides educational programming, mentors, events, and thriving local networks to help military Veterans start and grow businesses. Bunker Labs works to inspire, educate, and connect Veterans with the right people and the right resources to be successful as entrepreneurs and as innovators. Our online platform, Bunker in a Box, gives active duty and Veterans worldwide access to entrepreneurship education, complete with dozens of interviews with military Veterans who have successfully started a diverse array of businesses. For more information, please visit bunkerlabs.org or http://bunkerlabsphl.com/, follow us on Twitter @BunkerLabsPHL and #BunkerBuilds or like us on Facebook.
# # #